Monday 14 January 2013

How did I get here? How do I work this?

Why did I start this blog?
First, I like curling. I like playing it. I like watching it.
I also like reading about it.
Curling will never catch up to the popularity of hockey when it comes to the number of people taking part in curling, as well as attendance and television ratings. However, it's apparent that curling has a solid foothold in Canada's sporting culture. Sure, it's not like hockey, taking up 50 minutes of SportsCentre's hour (and that's in July), but it's solid.

It's up there with the CFL, junior hockey and basketball.

Hockey has exploded with blogs over the past few years. However, curling has an information void.

It's not a desert, but it's more like a barren Saskatchewan scrub land.

Hockey has 700,000 sites featuring hockey content. Blogs, forums, rumours, twitter accounts... and that's just about hockey free-agency. Curling has about one percent of what hockey has when it comes for information for fans.

 I think curling fans need a place to go for their curling . The Hurry Hard Blog is written for curling fans by a curling fan.

I will be honest, I don't know what I am doing, but I will try and update daily with interesting news, opinion, thoughts and curling information.

It's time to put another curling blog on the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

southwestern Ontario, Canada
I am a curling junkie. Wanted to create one spot to bring fans of the roaring game together, for information, news and thoughts about curling.